Thursday, October 4, 2007

Blind

My roomate Jan read this to me tonight...I thought it was worthwhile to share, needed.

" Few are the people who don't suffer from some form of blindness. Amazing, isn't it? We can live next to something for a lifetime, but unless we take time to focus on it, it doesn't become a part of our life. Unless we somehow have our blindness lifted, our world is but a black cave.
Think about it. Just because one has witnessed a thousand rainbows doesn't mean he's seen the grandeur of one. One can live near a garden and fail to focus on the splendor of the flower. A man can spend a lifetime with a woman and never pause to look into her soul. "

-Max Lucado

Imagine what we could see if we only opened our eyes?

Happy Birthday Jan :)

3 comments:

Hope said...

That is something I have been praying for ... to see the things I have not appreciated nor noticed before ... and to see things from God's creative perspective ... knowing that others' around me will recognize things too ... soon.

LOVE YOU

Hope said...

ps your life IS beautiful ... now

Anonymous said...

this is so true.

oh wow.

SO true!

(praying for you)